Business Development Associate
Are you an energetic individual looking for a unique opportunity to sell media and events in the retail industry? Do you have the skill set and capacity to learn our business and the retail industry from the ground up, ultimately selling all facets of our products and services? Do you aspire to be a consultative seller who wants to help their clients succeed?
Our rapidly growing Retail Group seeks an experienced, motivated business development associate to sell integrated media programs and enhance existing business relationships. We’re looking for a professional who can quickly absorb and retain retail market knowledge. The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training, then take over management of existing accounts while being given the opportunity to grow new business. If you love a challenge and have an interest in the retail and technology fields, we can’t wait to see your resume.
• Work with the group president to prospect and develop key relationships to effectively build revenue
• Develop new business opportunities and set up appointments for the group president
• Provide effective follow-up by writing proposals offering sales solutions
• Engage with customers by providing outstanding service
• Build relationships which will be nurtured and developed to generate additional revenue with new products and initiatives
• Provide call reports, sales pipelines and revenue forecasts
• Network at industry events and business functions
• Recommend changes in products, services and processes by evaluating results and competitive developments
• Delivers tasks with quality and on deadline
• Prides themselves with great product knowledge and understanding of the business. Uses all product tools to support personal development.
• Maintains industry knowledge by attending our own events and other retail trade shows; reviews professional publications/e-newsletters/websites; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
• Three years of sales experience preferred
• Exceptional at prospecting, building relationships, negotiating and closing
• Strong consultative sales skills with a focus on exceptional customer service
• Self-motivated and self-confident, with a proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Excellent at time management and territory management, with strong organizational skills
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Open to new ideas with a positive attitude and a motivation for sales
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.APPLY