Senior Manager – Strategic Business Development
Are you an energetic and polished individual looking for a leadership opportunity in the media industry? Do you have the skillset and capacity to sell all facets of our products and services? Are you interested in a long-term career path? Do you have the desire to make a difference?
The Senior Manager – Strategic Business Development will help lead the renaissance of one of our brands by creating new products and services that will solve our advertisers’ problems, oversee a content plan to keep our audience engaged and grow our revenue and profit.
Working with the Group President to evaluate and assess the market and develop a plan to attack the ‘white space’, you will help create a diversified revenue strategy that includes events, digital, video, research and marketing services designed to generate profitable revenue growth (10% per year, top line) while eliminating unnecessary spending.
You will help build the revenue, content and audience development strategies from the ground up and putting your mark on everything we do. Two years from now, we’ll look back and you will be a key hero who helped transform this brand!
• Prospect and develop key relationships in order to effectively build and maintain revenue
• Develop new business opportunities
• Develop effective sales proposals and sales solutions
• Conduct client sales meetings and presentations designed to move the sales process towards agreement in a timely manner
• Provide call reports, sales pipelines, and revenue forecasts
• Network at industry events and business functions
• Travel at least 30% annually
Skills and Attributes for Success:
• Minimum five years sales experience, preferably in B2B
• Strong consultative sales skills with exceptional customer focus
• Entrepreneurial, successfully develop multi-platform brands/products
• Strong leader with the ability to create and cultivate high-performing sales and content leads and effectively implement conflict resolution
• Highly commercial with a good understanding of the challenges facing publishing/media
• Experience in developing and maintaining key relationships at a senior level
• Experience in effectively managing budgets including P&L, forecast and management reporting
• Good negotiation skills with the diplomacy to maintain long-standing excellent relationships
• Understanding of digital platforms and their respective models & disciplines (video, online, mobile, social, etc.)
• Understanding of content marketing and how it is changing the media landscape
• Self-motivated, proven ability to meet and exceed goals
• Excellent time management, organizational and attention to detail skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Open to new ideas with a positive attitude
• Excel in impromptu speaking situations
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.APPLY