Working under the VP of Finance, the Staff Accountant job Duties include but are not limited to general accounting, account reconciliation, journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense containment, financial analysis and treasury functions.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, prepaids, expenses, allocations, etc.
- Prepare daily cash receipt reconciliations and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Process bi-weekly payroll with assistance from HR
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare monthly sales tax schedules to remit to taxing authorities.
- Process client credit card payments.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Analyze total Corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- BA or BS degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Formal study in finance or accounting highly desirable.
- A minimum of 1 year of accounting experience. Audit experience a plus.
- Practical experience with preparation of journal entries, participation in month end close, General Ledger account reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Hands-on knowledge of payroll tax filings: Federal, State and local.
- Experience handling large volume reconciliations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change based on business needs.
Apply here: https://careers2-extensisgroup.icims.com/jobs/1207/staff-accountant/job