As an employee of North American Publishing Company (NAPCO) you will work in a state-of-the-art facility with a team of professionals who are passionate about their work.
NAPCO offers its employees a comprehensive, cost-effective benefits program. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a paid time off plan, a flex spending/commuter plan and an Employee Assistance Program.
North American Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Email resume to HR@napco.com, or mail to Human Resources, North American Publishing Company, 1500 Spring Garden Street, 12th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19130; or fax to (215) 238-5384.Managing Editor/Video Production Manager
This dual role will consist of managing day-to-day production of print and digital magazine editions, writing, assigning and editing stories, managing production cycles, updating websites and posting online content daily. This position will also assist the Director of Video Services with production workflow & scheduling, video creative asset management, documentation, budgeting, social media management and internal and client-based communication needs.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude that can multi-task and some experience in HD video as well as non-linear editing and/or motion graphics is a plus. Strong content editing skills and minimum 3 years' editorial experience is a must.
Director of Conferences and Events
The ideal candidate has the ability to successfully lead a team responsible for strategically planning and effectively executing conferences and events of varying size across several industries ensuring that these investments support business goals in cost-effective ways.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of the conferences/events with team
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of locations for conferences/events
- Negotiates acceptable contracts with the selected property
- Negotiates, evaluates and finalizes contracts with a variety of vendors
- Works with team to develop a program for conferences/events
- Manages database and registration process, including on‐site registrations, to assure accurate registration data, name badges, fee collection, counts for specific events, etc.
- Attends events and provides on‐site support
- Monitors promotional schedule and registration goals for events, working with marketing staff to ensure effective, timely promotion
- Develops and monitors budgets to ensure revenue goals are met and expenses are kept within established boundaries
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Five to seven years' experience working directly in conference planning or special events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and online registration platforms
- Excellent organization and planning skills to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritizes work based on immediate need and impact to the business
- Strong problem solving and project "ownership" skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets for conferences/events
- Emotional intelligence and poise to thrive in a fast-paced, high-visibility fluid environment
- Leadership skills with a proven ability to manage and develop a successful team
- Results-focused, with the desire and ability to continually improve processes and department