Associate Content Editor
NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position requires a dynamic, detail-oriented person who can multitask. This will require strong organizational, writing, and editorial skills, especially in short-form content (less than 1,000 words) with the ability to write headlines, captions, tweets, posts, and other compelling short text. The candidate should be tech and social media savvy, a quick learner, energetic, and possess the ability to work independently and with a team. Occasional business travel may also be required.
The job is writing-intensive, so a strong grasp of spelling and grammar is necessary. Applicants should be skilled writers since the position requires both original composition and content revision. Knowledge of AP style is preferred.
- Regularly report, write, and post online news and analysis in various formats, including blog posts, articles, videos, research reports, etc.
- Writing web-friendly heads, decks, add links, and SEO copy
- Attend magazine idea meetings and liaise with team editors to create new content for the website
- Write feature articles for Printing Impressions, Packaging Impressions, Wide-Format Impressions, In-plant Impressions, and the PRINTING United Journal — for both online and print editions
- Travel as needed to appropriate industry events to research/build industry knowledge and foster connections with potential authors and/or sources
- Assist in copyediting/proofing pages during production
- Network with industry leaders through social media and at industry events to build long-term relationship
- Manage daily postings to all brand websites, working closely with the Online Editor and EICs to ensure enewsletters are deployed on time and content is in WordPress
- Develop departments for all print editions
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
- 2 to 4 years of writing, editing, journalism experience
- Excellent reporting, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal staff and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook; Adobe — InCopy, InDesign; WordPress)
- Analytical and solution-oriented thinking and ability to work independent
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
- Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
- Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with social media platforms, SEO, CMS preferred
- Enthusiastic attitude toward creating new content, driving readership, and working with a team of editors
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone / video conferencing
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY