PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
Working under the VP of Finance and Accounting, the Accounting Manager will oversee all day-to-day accounting operations for a subsidiary of Printing United Alliance. These job duties include, but are not limited to, general accounting, account reconciliation, journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense containment, financial analysis, financial statement preparation and treasury functions.
- Conduct period end close by preparing journal entries for accruals, prepaids, revenues, and expenses.
- Prepare and manage all account reconciliations including cash/bank, deferred revenue, fixed assets, revenue shares, and others as needed.
- Analyze company revenue and expenses, including comparisons to budget and forecasted results and document reasons for variances
- Prepare monthly financial statements package
- Produce summary general ledger export/upload file for use in production of Printing United Alliance’s consolidated financial statements
- Oversee banking, merchant credit card, and staff credit card relationships
- Manage subsidiary annual audit schedules and workpaper preparation
- Service as primary representative in all finance matters relating to the subsidiaries Association Software Management system.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in accounting or finance required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Demonstrated talent to serve as a full charge accountant capable of independently running monthly general ledger operations.
- Path toward CPA is a plus
- Practical experience with preparation of journal entries, manage month end close, general ledger account reconciliation and financial statement reporting
- Skill in budget creation, administration, and reporting.
- Experience with a SAGE Intacct and Association Management Systems (iMIS) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Currently PRINTING United Alliance is on a work-from-home status with required in-office (Fairfax and Alexandria, VA offices) presence for specific meetings and some key personnel, including this position, are working in the office on a limited and controlled basis. Initial onboarding will require an in-office presence that will be commensurate with the necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with best practices. Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis will be required.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.