Content Marketing Specialist
The Audience Development Department is seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing team. The purpose of this role is to continually optimize our content marketing efforts to grow, engage and retain our target audiences. This role will report to the Director of Audience Development.
The Content Marketing Specialist will work alongside multiple teams to develop and execute content creation and distribution strategies. Success in this role requires the use of both owned and paid media channels, such as search and social media, to both engage and convert. We are looking for someone with a data-driven mindset who prefers a collaborative work environment and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Editorial teams to analyze a brand’s content strategy and provide data-driven recommendations for quality content that will drive traffic, engagement and conversion
- Identify opportunities for cross-brand promotion of content and product offerings
- Work alongside Editorial teams to improve social media presence by building channel-specific strategies, identifying new channel opportunities, analyzing performance and identifying workflow improvements
- Stay up to date on both organic and paid social media best practices
- Continually improve SEO strategy by monitoring and analyzing performance, identifying improvement opportunities and working alongside various teams on implementation
- Stay up to date on both organic and paid search marketing best practices
- Develop and execute content marketing campaigns meant to drive audience from awareness through to conversion utilizing organic and paid channels such as email, native ads, search and social media
- Project manage audience acquisition campaigns and coordinate execution between other team members and departments
- Optimize use of paid media budget with a focus on quality conversions
- Understand the voice of multiple brands and be able to switch frequently to create promotional copy in the form of emails, landing pages, social media ads, native ads and more
- Utilize analytics tools to monitor performance and optimize campaigns as well as build an understanding of user behavior in each target audience segment
- Execute monthly reporting to key stakeholders on performance of content, website traffic, social media and SEO strategies
Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2+ years of experience in audience development, marketing or related role
- Proven experience implementing social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and SEO strategy with positive results
- Familiarity using Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube and/or Reddit for business is a plus
- Passionate about content and its ability to engage users at each stage of the funnel
- Ability to utilize and identify emerging platforms for web, SEO and social media management/measuring; experience with SEMRush and/or Hootsuite is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console; Google Ads is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress and project management tools is a plus
- Experience using design tools to develop promotional creative
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Has a team-player mindset and thrives in collaborative work environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.