PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Professional Fundraiser will execute a comprehensive corporate industry-wide fundraising program to include identifying, soliciting, and stewarding corporate donors to support the PRINTING United Alliance Government Advocacy Fund to meet annual fundraising goals and to fulfill the strategic plan of the organization.
- Execute on the Association’s year-round fundraising targets with the primary goal of soliciting corporate funds from diverse sectors of the printing industry to support the government advocacy programs.
- Research and identify potential donors utilizing industry research, publications, and networking.
- Coordinate with Government Affairs and PR Departments to present value proposition and strategic campaign messaging.
- Establish and oversee effective donor stewardship process using fundraising best practices to acknowledge contributions.
- Ensure contributions are tracked, invoiced, and coordinate as appropriate with both IT and Accounting Departments to maintain donor data.
- Develop reporting mechanism to regularly update CEO and senior leadership on revenue milestones.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the printing industry and effectively communicate the goals of our advocacy program.
- Represent association as needed at conferences or special events.
- Manage administrative budget and monitor expenses against budget.
- Meet and exceed fundraising goals set by association leadership.
- In collaboration with Corporate Counsel, maintain all necessary legal compliance associated with the Government Advocacy Fund
- A minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising experience, with documented experience soliciting corporate or industry funds.
- Excellent prospecting, sales and negotiating skills.
- Oral and written communication skills, including professional donor relations ability.
- Ability and comfort level working with C-Suite level executives and small business owners.
- Proficiency in creating effective executive-level presentations (i.e., PowerPoint) and general proficiency in MS Office Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams)
- Ability and willingness to work in an inter-departmental fashion to achieve goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Certified Fundraising Executive credentials (or similar) a plus.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY