NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
Do you have a “bring it on” attitude mixed with creativity, dedication, organization and a passion for excellence? Are you looking to be an important part of an organization’s future in a position that is not for the faint of heart, but equally invigorating and fulfilling? If so, NAPCO Media has an Event Manager position waiting for you!
The ideal candidate is a highly-organized professional with a take-charge attitude and a high level of personal motivation, excellent communication skills and outstanding customer service ethic.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of the conferences/events including complex rooming lists, BEOs and AV requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of locations for conferences/events
- Negotiates, evaluates and finalizes contracts with a variety of vendors
- Manages database and registration process, including on‐site registrations, to assure accurate registration data, name badges, fee collection, counts for specific events, etc.
- Attends events and provides on‐site management and support
- Monitors promotional schedule and registration goals for events, working with marketing staff to ensure effective, timely promotion
- Manages overall event production schedule with event team including brand staff
- Develops and monitors budgets to ensure revenue goals are met and expenses are kept within established boundaries
- And every other surprise that may come up when planning an event (it happens!)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- One to three years’ experience working directly in conference planning or special events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and online registration platforms
- Excellent organization and planning skills to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritizes work based on immediate need and impact to the business
- Must be able to manage multiple events at one time
- Strong problem solving and project “ownership” skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets for conferences/events
- Emotional intelligence and poise to thrive in a fast-paced, high-visibility fluid environment
- Results-focused, with the desire and ability to continually improve processes and department
Travel is required.
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY