Do you have a “bring it on” attitude mixed with creativity, dedication, organization and a passion for excellence? Are you looking to be an important part of an organization’s future in a position that is not for the faint of heart, but equally invigorating and fulfilling? If so, NAPCO Media has an Event Manager position waiting for you!
The ideal candidate is a highly-organized professional with a take-charge attitude and a high level of personal motivation, excellent communication skills and outstanding customer service ethic.
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of the conferences/events including complex rooming lists, BEOs and AV requirements.
• Assists in the evaluation and selection of locations for conferences/events
• Negotiates, evaluates and finalizes contracts with a variety of vendors
• Manages database and registration process, including on‐site registrations, to assure accurate registration data, name badges, fee collection, counts for specific events, etc.
• Attends events and provides on‐site management and support
• Monitors promotional schedule and registration goals for events, working with marketing staff to ensure effective, timely promotion
• Manages overall event production schedule with event team including brand staff
• Develops and monitors budgets to ensure revenue goals are met and expenses are kept within established boundaries
• And every other surprise that may come up when planning an event (it happens!)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• One to three years’ experience working directly in conference planning or special events
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and online registration platforms
• Excellent organization and planning skills to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritizes work based on immediate need and impact to the business
• Strong problem solving and project “ownership” skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience developing and managing budgets for conferences/events
• Emotional intelligence and poise to thrive in a fast-paced, high-visibility fluid environment
• Results-focused, with the desire and ability to continually improve processes and department
Travel is required.
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.APPLY