EVENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Event Services Coordinator provides key program support to the Exposition Department in the areas of vendor and logistical management, as well as other PRINTING United Expo related programs. This position will assist the Senior Event Operations Manager and Vice President, Expositions in the production of the annual exposition and requires the ability to organize projects simultaneously and keep on schedule and budget.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for overseeing the customer service component of registration for the annual tradeshow, including managing the customer service process via internal staff, training internal staff on the registration system to facilitate successful customer service, and overseeing the registration vendor call center. All responsibilities are to ensure all staff (internal and external) are offering accurate and appropriate answers to inquiries.
- Involvement in the creation, testing and ongoing functionality of the registration websites.
- Facilitate and manage Master Account billing at the various hotels contracted for the tradeshow.
- Serve as the main contact for staff, speaker and vendor hotel arrangements and coordinate those needs with PRINTING United’s housing vendor.
- Research and contract with miscellaneous tradeshow vendors including but not limited to temporary staffing, emergency medical services and sign language interpreter.
- Oversee the creation and dissemination of Expo related print and electronic materials to include internal staff manual and emergency plan, schedule of events, quick facts card, chatbots, as well as copy for the event website and other event related materials.
- Consistently review website throughout show cycle to ensure accuracy of information.
- Consult with PRINTING United staff, affiliate organizations and exhibitors regarding ancillary events taking place during the annual tradeshow. This is to include consultation and coordination of contracts, catering, event orders, billing and additional meeting planning functions.
- Assist in the execution of exhibitor and attendee (current and potential) mailings, e-mailings and other promotions working closely with the Senior Event Operations Manager, and Vice President, Exposition.
Note: Essential functions and major duties/responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time.
- Event management experience is a must. CMP, CMM or CEM certification is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, project management skills required.
- Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to organize projects simultaneously and keep on schedule and budget.
- Must be able to travel multiple times a year (10%) including overnight travel of up to 14 days.
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with individuals of various levels, professions and cultures.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in all projects and outside events as the position is a representative of the Association.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision for select projects and as part of a collaborative team for other tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality administration or a related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in event management.
- Association work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint required. Experience working in Microsoft 365 and Zendesk a plus.
- Experience with event registration.
- Experience with vendor contracts and relations
- Customer Service experience is required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Packaging, lifting and mailing products and publications
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. to assist with the moving and unpacking of Exposition shipments
- Retrieving office supplies for departmental use
Currently PRINTING United Alliance is on a work-from-home status with very limited in-office (Fairfax, VA office) presence as defined by the manager and PRINTING United Alliance. Onboarding will require an in-office presence for necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with local mandates and best practices.
Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis may be required.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, mcerit, and business need.APPLY