SENIOR ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
We are seeking an extremely organized, hands-on professional with a high level of personal motivation.
- Owns with minimal supervision the weekly disbursements processing cycle ensuring financial obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner. This opportunity includes full cycle accounts payable for invoice data entry, validation, and processing in a multi entity accounting system.
- Works with Project Managers to accurately classify and code invoices by establishing strong working relationships with them to address issues before they develop into problems.
- Serves as the accounting staff liaison for travel and program expense management. Drives the monthly batch processing of corporate credit cards by managing the analysis and recording of expenses and business travel reports. Resolves coding challenges to lead a highly organized and detailed project expense classification system.
- Reviews transactions for posting to the correct fiscal year and has a thorough understanding of deferring selected transactions to future activities through pre-paid expense recognition.
- Initiates secure electronic payments in the form of ACH’s and wires that are occasionally international payments with foreign banking considerations.
- Manages online anti-fraud expense authentication systems for multiple bank accounts by uploading to positive pay online databases and resolving authentication exceptions.
- Prepares and files Sales and Use tax returns, manages the annual 1099 reporting process, and drives IRS Form W-9 vendor compliance.
- Maintains the vendor module of SAGE 100 system. Serves as custodian/owner of all AP reports and vendor files. With the assistance of the Accounting Manager, develops and maintains accounting spreadsheets and expense forms to meet finance department needs.
- Maintains with minimal supervision weekly AR transactions in a multi entity accounting structure.
- Track incoming payments; apply funds received to various events, programs, and memberships.
- Import and reviews transaction batches from multiple sales order entry systems.
- Manages daily lockbox transactions.
- Five years of experience with intricate accounting disbursements and receipts transactions.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and the relationships between debit & credits, assets & liabilities with a proven knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Ability to reconcile accounts in a complex multi-entity accounting environment with a demonstrated ability to handle intercompany due to/due from complexities.
- Degree in a related field ideal, some coursework in accounting is also preferred.
- Experience with project revenue/expense tracking, coding, and classification.
- Superior working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite and computer software/databases in general. This includes Excel, SharePoint, and TEAMS.
- Ability to adopt to process improvement and new technologies.
- Knowledge of SAGE 100 is a plus.
Desired Professional Attributes & Abilities:
- With major changes occurring due to growth at the Alliance, you can adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- You can be part of a small team that thrives with a constantly evolving workspace.
- Strong attention to detail. You are deadline-focused and understand the need for a quality product delivered on time. Your impeccable work style sets the standard.
- Proactive and self-motivated. This is a key element of PRINTING United Alliance’s culture and is critical to your success. You think ahead, anticipate challenges, and take things from start to finish. You have a keen ability to determine what is working and what is not, and you act to lead in the right direction.
- Results driven. You see the big picture, monitor your key performance metrics, and take the action necessary to produce bottom line results.
- Collaborative workstyle. With a wide range of stakeholders to support and/or guide, you possess a style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
- Turns challenges into opportunities by suggesting process improvements.
Currently PRINTING United Alliance is on a work-from-home status with required in-office (Fairfax, VA office) presence for specific meetings and some personnel, including this position, are working in the office on a limited and controlled basis. Initial onboarding will require an in-office presence that will be commensurate with the necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with best practices. Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis will be required.
When applying, please send cover letter, stating salary requirements, and resume.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY