Senior Content Strategist
The Retail and Travel Group seeks a Senior Content Strategist.
The Retail and Travel Group is comprised of the Women in Retail Leadership Circle, an association for executive-level women at leading retailers and brands; Women in Retail Leadership Summit, an invitation-only event that offers executive-level women in the retail industry information on how to conquer challenges in both their personal and professional lives; and Total Retail, the Retailer’s source for content and community. Women in Retail is expanding into the travel and hospitality (Women Leading Travel & Hospitality) vertical and is looking for a Senior Content Strategist.
The Senior Content Strategist (SCS) serves as the strategic and creative lead on “women in” content, with a specific focus on special projects for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality (e.g., research, e-letter, live and virtual events, social media, etc.). The SCS will lead audience and traffic growth across live events as well as digital channels, including email, web, virtual events, and social media. This is a key strategic role that focuses on identifying and seizing opportunities for growth in audience and engagement across multiple platforms. This individual will be responsible for increasing exposure and consumption of content and helping to shape the brands’ distribution and product strategies.
The SCS is an editorial content creator who can define a project or strategy based on audience insights and defined success metrics, then oversee the tactical execution in support of that strategy.
The position’s responsibilities include:
- Help develop content and brand voice for the newly launching Women Leading Travel & Hospitality brand through multiple channels, including website, e-letter, social media, video, webinars, etc.
- Assist in speaker and attendee acquisition for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality virtual and in-person events.
- Assist in content direction for virtual and in-person events.
- Create, manage, and edit multimedia content for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality and Women in Retail Leadership Circle.
- Find and manage industry content contributors.
- Conduct content audits to see where there is opportunity – content partnerships, sponsored content partnerships (look at sponsorship, our audience, its audience and work on a plan that helps drive ROI for both parties through different mediums, such as a podcast episode, research report, event sponsorship, etc.)
- Oversee and work with appropriate teams for new digital developments, such as mobile and online initiatives year-round and for mainstay events for the brand.
- In partnership with Digital team, monitor audience engagement and adjust content plans for both brands as needed.
- Act as a champion for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality Build relationships with channel owners, partners and speakers promote brand awareness and collaboration between Editorial, Marketing, Digital; build consistent narratives, specifically for digital channels.
Experience, Skills and Attributes for Success:
- 5+ years of writing/editing experience
- Experience in the travel and hospitality, and retail industry a plus
- Excellent writing, interviewing, and editing skills
- Experience using WordPress as a CMS
- Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
- Comfortable speaking to large groups for both live and virtual events
- Ability to network and develop industry contacts
- Enthusiastic attitude toward creating new content, driving audience engagement and growth, and working with a team of editors
- Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
- Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with MS Office and Outlook
- Understanding of SEO and social media platforms is a plus
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Passion for building a brand and making a difference
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
Email resume, cover letter stating salary requirements and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY