The Retail Group at NAPCO Media seeks a Senior Editor. The Retail Group comprises of Total Retail, the Retailer’s source for content and community www.mytotalretail.com; the Women in Retail Leadership Circle, an association for executive-level women at leading retailers and brands www.wirlc.com; and the Women in Retail Leadership Summit, an invitation-only event that offers executive-level women in the retail industry information on how to conquer challenges in both their personal and professional lives www.womeninretailsummit.com.
The Senior Editor serves as the strategic and creative lead on WIR content as well as on special projects for WIR (i.e. Research and D&I). The Senior Editor will lead audience and traffic growth across live events as well as digital channels including email, web, and social media. This is a key strategic role that focuses on identifying and seizing opportunities for growth in audience and engagement across multiple platforms. This individual will be responsible for increasing exposure and consumption of content and helping to shape the company’s distribution and product strategies.
The Senior Editor is an editorial content creator who can define project or strategy based on audience insights and defined success metrics, then oversee the tactical execution in support of that strategy. Examples of the content we produce and channels we use include articles, blogs, social posts, videos, podcasts, events, etc.
Through content, digital and in-person events and networking the position’s responsibilities are:
• Oversee and work with appropriate teams for new digital developments, such as mobile and online initiatives year-round and for mainstay events to the brand.
• Help develop content and brand voice for the Women in Retail Brand through digital channels such as website, newsletter and social media channels
• Assist in speaker acquisition for Women in Retail events
• Assist in content direction for regional events
• Manage and edit multimedia content for Total Retail and Women in Retail
• Conduct content audits to see where there is opportunity – content partnerships, sponsored content partnerships (look at sponsorship, our audience, their audience and work on a plan that helps drive ROI for both parties through different mediums – podcast, research, supplement, etc.)
• Monitor engagement with the digital team and adjust content plan for WIR brand as needed.
• Act as a champion for alignment in WIR brand for the brand voice. Build relationships with channel owners, partners and speakers’, promote awareness and collaboration between content strategy, Marketing, Digital, PR build consistent narratives, specifically for digital channels
Experience, Skills and Attributes for Success:
• 5 to 7+ years of writing/editing experience
• Excellent writing, interviewing and editing skills
• Experience using WordPress as a CMS
• Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
• Comfortable speaking to large groups for both live and virtual events
• Ability to network and develop industry contacts
• Enthusiastic attitude toward creating new content, driving readership and working with a team of editors
• Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
• Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
• Familiarity with AP style
• Experience with MS Office and Outlook, as well as a working understanding of content management systems and InCopy preferred
• Understanding of SEO and Social Media platforms is a plus
• Understanding of the retail industry is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.APPLY