SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Senior Instructional Designer is the driving force that powers the creation of outstanding learner experiences. In this role, you’ll work closely with SMEs, the eLearning Developer, and program managers to create e-learning, video, instructor-led, and blended-learning experiences to a diverse group of learners. The Senior Instructional Designer also aligns with business stakeholders to evaluate the impact of the learning strategy on organizational goals.
Responsibilities & Duties
Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather training needs, then translate that into quality training experiences.
- Produce sophisticated, engaging, and impactful training experiences (instructor-led, eLearning, & blended) while working with the eLearning Developer.
- Develop high quality learning that is instructionally sound and accurately conveys learning concepts using ADDIE and AGILE methodologies.
- Encourage SMEs and eLearning Developer to ensure content is relevant, targeted, scalable, accessible, and defined
- Build and implement course and program designs based on specific target market, including methods and techniques based on needs of learners and facilitators
- Review training content to ensure it meets guidelines, standards, and business goals.
- Implement and maintain a quality assurance program to continually improve the learner experience.
- Create and analyze assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness using various feedback methods.
- Manage the LMS by providing support, training, and guidance as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
In-depth knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning methodologies.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, or related field.
- 4-6 years of experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Shown proficiencies, knowledge and ability in the following areas:
- eLearning (LMS tools, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate, TechSmith Camtasia, and/or other learning tools).
- Instructor-led session design (including virtual delivery).
- Storyboarding, scripting and/or technical writing.
- Multi-media development (graphic and/or audio-visual design).
- Learning Management System (LMS) support.
- Current and emerging education technologies.
- Visual and/or UX design capabilities as applied to instructional development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with diverse groups of people in a collaborative setting.
- High ownership and ability to find solutions and a path forward to complete projects.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
This is a remote role. Regardless of location, must be available to work Eastern time. Equipment and tools needed to be able to work from home (laptop, software, etc.) will be provided.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY