Working under the VP of Finance, the Staff Accountant job duties include, but are not limited to, general accounting, account reconciliation, journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense containment, financial analysis and treasury functions.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, prepaids, expenses, allocations, etc.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare trial balances
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare monthly sales tax schedules to remit to taxing authorities
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Analyze total Corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results and document reasons for variances
- Contact clients with past due A/R balances
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- BA or BS degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Formal study in finance or accounting highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience. Audit experience is a plus.
- Practical experience with preparation of journal entries, participation in month end close, General Ledger account reconciliation and financial reporting
- Experience handling large volume reconciliations
- Experience in a highly transactional environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Job-related responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs.
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements.APPLY