Women In Print Alliance Manager
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life, and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Women in Print Alliance Manager is a dynamic communicator and organizer who will be instrumental in the success of a newly launched brand in the PRINTING United Alliance family — the Women In Print Alliance (WIPA). The WIPA Manager will be the lead content developer for the brand by writing articles and blog posts, developing additional media content such as videos and podcasts, and coordinating guest contributors.
In addition, the WIPA Manager will liaise with the various departments that are assisting in the launch of the brand, such as IT, marketing, membership, and development; and will act as the administrator for day-to-day tasks. Post-launch the WIPA Manager will oversee the refinement of the business model and strategies through continued work with internal staff and the WIPA Advisory Council.
- Participate in the creation and be the primary manager of a digital newsletter directed
- Draft articles and blog posts and oversee the production of an electronic newsletter which will support WIPA and its mission to promote women in the printing industry.
- Meet regularly with marketing to develop and implement a strategy to grow the target audience, increase awareness, and increase engagement.
- Partner with the membership and marketing departments to attract and retain members of WIPA.
- Work to increase the value proposition for dues-paying members of WIPA over time, developing new content, services, benefits in conjunction with other relevant departments.
- Participate in public speaking engagements, both live and online, to promote WIPA.
- Maintain WIPA budget and work to ensure that tasks are performed on budget.
- Represent WIPA at PRINTING United Alliance events, such as the annual PRINTING United Expo, as well as other Alliance and external national and regional conferences and events. Travel will be required to fulfill this responsibility.
- Exemplify the Core Values of PRINTING United Alliance and adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
- Attend work in-person at the Fairfax or Philadelphia offices as deemed necessary, with appropriate notice.
- Meet periodically with the WIPA Advisory Council to create and maintain strategic development initiatives for WIPA, including attending the annual Congress of Committees. Travel will be required to fulfill this responsibility.
- Monitor progress to ensure that the WIPA brand launch milestones are achieved within the established timeline, alerting senior staff to any undue delays or difficulties as appropriate.
- Work with the web development team as needed to create, deploy, and maintain the new WIPA microsite.
- Assist in selling sponsorships, patron packages, and other non-dues related revenue streams.
- Assist in creating the annual WIPA budget.
- Travel time up to 25% of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Accomplished writing skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Financial literacy for budgets, profit & loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Curiosity and a fearless ability to ask questions and be persistent.
- Confident under pressure.
- College degree in a related major, such as Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or Business.
- Minimum 3 years in an equivalent position.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.APPLY