General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement
Due to the nature of our business, from time to time, we’ll require some personal details from our customers and/or website users.
The data we collect may just be a name and an email address, but depending on your level of engagement with NAPCO Media, or one of its publications, products, services, events, or other offering, it could be much more than that.
The personal information you share or have shared with us, along with data on how you use our websites – what you search for, what you have read, for example – helps us to better understand our customers as a group and as individuals. This in turn helps us to provide a range of products, services and experiences that meet your needs, interests and expectations.
How NAPCO Media protects your data
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given us. NAPCO Media will comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- We take full responsibility for the information we hold about you
- We will protect your privacy at all times
- We will never collect information about you that is not relevant to our products or services.
These explain how your personal data is being managed and safeguarded by us, including:
- What information we collect about you
- How we collect and use this information
- How we safeguard the information you’ve provided
- Your rights in relation to the information we hold about you
- How to report abuse
- How to access and/or port your data
This Notice applies to all the pages on our sites linking to this Notice and any features of them and any e-commerce, purchasing or other areas which require registration on our sites. However, it won’t apply to any third-party sites which are linked to our sites. We recommend that you read the privacy notice of any such sites that you visit as we are not responsible for them.
When we refer to our website or sites, we mean any of our websites or applications from which you have accessed this Privacy Notice.
What information does NAPCO Media collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (phone numbers, email address and addresses), job, business, purchase intent, your personal interests, credit card or billing information (credit cards are never stored on NAPCO systems), data about the pages you visit and your other activity on our sites, as well as any other personal information relating to you that you supply to us.
Some of our sites may also collect other information that you supply to us, such as information relating to your skills or job experience, where relevant in the context of the site or the services provided through the site. Except where stated otherwise on the site at the time such personal information is submitted, it is only processed for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us.
How does NAPCO Media collect personal information about me?
We collect your information in these ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
- Information not fully provided to us by you or site users may be, from time-to-time appended using a third-party service in order for us to fulfill business-related demographics, details and information on you that may not have been fully collected or asked for at the time of your providing small amounts of information to us, such as an email-only newsletter subscription form, as an example.
We will inform you prior to collecting your personal information, if it is requested on a voluntary basis and the consequences of not providing voluntary personal information.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- Inform us of how many times our site has been visited
- Record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site and the overall user experience
- Understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
We may from time-to-time supply this data to third parties for uses in connection with our sites and services.
What does NAPCO Media do with my personal information?
NAPCO Media and its publications will use your personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests (“Business Purposes”), and/or in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), and/or with your consent (“Consent”), and/or compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). For example, we may use your personal information:
- To provide you with relevant services through our applicable sites, for Contractual Reasons
- To process your online purchases, for Contractual Reasons
- To inform you about and provide more information on products and services offered NAPCO Media and its publications, for our Business Purposes or with your consent
- To invite you to participate in events, newsletters, magazine, surveys, discussions and prize drawings and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums, feedback loops, for our Business Purposes and/or with your consent
- To improve the products and services offered to you for our Business Purposes
- For marketing of and about our Business Purposes and/or with your consent
- For statistical or analytical purposes for our Business Purposes
- To detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud for our Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons
- To otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers for our Business Purposes
We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
We also use personal information to identify types of user, audit how our sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of our sites. When doing so, we remove any direct identifiers.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums or feedback loops is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
How long does NAPCO Media keep my personal information?
NAPCO Media will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, we might need to keep your personal data for quality assurance of the service we have provided, or we might need to keep it to defend future legal claims.
Opting out of Email Communication
We will not send you emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
Some NAPCO Media sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe.
How does NAPCO Media keep my information safe?
NAPCO Media seeks to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures. For instance, provided your browser accepts HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) Secure encryption, we seek to protect your browsing session and information against unauthorized access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information.
All data and databases are protected by NAPCO Media technical staff and block against unauthorized internal and external access to this data by all reasonable means.
Does NAPCO Media share my information with others?
NAPCO Media shares only relevant data and information with its Advertisers and Partners on the basis that our Advertisers and Partners provide relevant and related goods and/or services to our audience members.
We may disclose and share your personal information:
- With our group companies
- Any entity which acquires any part of our business
- Our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- Third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default if required or permitted by law
- Relevant third parties (such as your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites) or if required to do so in accordance with applicable law
- Other relevant third parties
Does NAPCO Media send my information to another country?
NAPCO Media is not in the practice of sending your data outside of the United States directly. We may, from time-to-time work with a third-party partner who may have operations outside of the United States, but any data collected from that third-party would be directly with you and that third-party, not directly from NAPCO Media.
What are my data rights?
In some regions, such as the EEA (European Economic Area), you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- Request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information
- Rectification of your personal information if it is no longer accurate or erasure of your personal information if our retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Data portability (if applicable)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information please send your request to us at email@example.com. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You may also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (if you are in the UK) or to your local data protection supervisory authority if you are unhappy with our privacy practices notified under this Notice.
Misuse of personal information
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our sites or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
We may immediately suspend or terminate your access to our site without notice if we become aware that you are in breach of applicable terms and conditions of use or of this Privacy Notice.
Contact NAPCO Media
1500 Spring Garden St, Ste 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19130